Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prop 8 Outrage

I was at a Halloween party the other day (duh, wasn't everyone?), and I overheard a drunken Prop 8 conversation. I always try to break up economics and/or other political discussions at drunken parties. They take up energy uselessly and don't get anything accomplished... oh and they are such a buzzkill.
This one was especially bad, cuz it basically went like this:
"I'm voting yes on prop 8"
"What? But nooo"
"Look, it's the word 'marriage'!"
"...but it's MEAN!"
"But it's the WORD"
"BUT IT'S MEAN!!"
"You're not going to change my mind"
"AAAAAGGHHH!"
Which is when I dragged him away from her and yelled, "FORGET HER!"

It was sad. Sad!
All I can really say is... I just don't see the point of denying people happiness over semantics.

The end.

-The Great Tiny

No comments: