Sunday, January 11, 2009

IPOD OUTRAGE!!!!!!!

This was supposed to be an outrage-themed blog, but it turned it to a regular blog of thoughts and musings instead. So here, to take us back to the origins, is a bona fide outrage:


It used to be that I could just drag-and-drop things onto my iPod. Oooh I want my System of a Down albums on my iPod, but certainly not these recordings of myself singing! *hides.*
Then, one fine day,
*POP* Would you like to update your iPod software?

*scratches head* well why not? Updating seems like a good thing...

What the hell? I have to sync my library with my iPod to get anything on there? What about this music that I have stored on my other computer?.. What about?...

Ok I get it. It's pretty simple: to prevent people from sharing music they make it so that if you put an iPod into a computer and download its library, next time you put it into a diff. computer, it deletes all that music.

But look, even if all my music and podcasts on my computer were legally purchased and ALL I had on my computer were music and podcasts, my computer still only has 60 gigs of memory. And my iPod has 80. So I can NEVER EVER EVER fill it up. Why did I buy this damn thing then? This makes NO sense.

I want my iPod to store my music. I don't really care about sharing music, but of course I could find different ways to share music if I needed (o look vhat a nice lil flash drive I have here). In fact, I want my iPod to be my musical storage device. I'd be happy to delete all my music from my computer and JUST keep it on my iPod. But I can't, can I?

GrrRrrRrr.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 comment:

hollis said...

if you use winamp instead of itunes it can transfer songs both ways, but its pc only. you might find your old copy of itunes and try to reinstall it.

same things happened to me a bunch, with every update they get rid of something I like or use.