Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Iran, shit!

I'm not even sure what to say. I'm worried and scared. I've always known Ahmedinejad is an asshole, but following @persiankiwi on twitter is giving me a new insight into just how ruthless he is. Seems like there are a lot more dead than just seven. This is just more proof that he cannot be trusted with a "peaceful nuclear program."

If I could pray, I'd pray for Moussavi supporters, their cause, and their safety. As is, I'll remain a hopeful optimist (possibly slang for "naive"). I don't have much faith in Ayatollah's "investigation." It's in his interest to keep Ahmedinejad in power. I suspect the results will be something like "Yes, Ahmedinejad's landslide victory is questionable, but we're sure he'd have won anyway, so just keep him in power." Sigh.

Good luck, Iran.

No comments: